Can I Fly Here? is a simple app I developed to help me anticipate whether my DJI Phantom drone is likely to encounter restricted flight areas at proposed flying sites.
The Phantom has built in GPS geofencing that will prevent takeoff in some areas, and restrict the maximum height accessible in others. This app will allow you to see the likely restrictions without needing to travel to the location or turn on the aircraft.
THIS IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR COMMON SENSE! Just because the app says the drone will be able to fly does not mean you should not obey all other relevant laws and regulations!
This app currently only uses the No Fly Zone data provided for the Phantom 2 range of Quadcopters, and is not intended to be a comprehensive or authoritative list.
- Uses Google Maps to display the current location, or allows any other potential location to be selected by dragging to the desired location.
- For the selected location, an indication of whether flight is likely to be restricted and if so what the height ceiling will be is shown.
- No Fly Zones are displayed graphically on the map, with the nearest zone identified.
- Optionally, the current wind speed at the selected location is displayed, provided by OpenWeathermap.org
- I'm planning to add the ability to manage lists of favourite locations
- Hopefully a more comprehensive database of no fly zones will be added
Can I Fly Here? is a free trial software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-09-28. The program can be installed on Android.
Can I Fly Here? (version 1.0.0) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.